Friday, November 21, 2014

Mr. Putter & Tabby Turn the Page by Cynthia Rylant and illustrated by Arthur Howard

It is so nice to see Mr. Putter and his cat Tabby. I had not seen them for years, and it is all my fault. They have been enjoying their calm, sweet day-to-day lives for decades now, and they are just the same as they have ever been. When Bonnie brought home Mr. Putter and Tabby Turn the Page by Cynthia Rylant and illustrated by Arthur Howard, I realized what I have been missing.

I think Mr. Putter and I are becoming more alike every year. He loves gardening and seeing friends and knows that there is nothing better than sitting in a comfortable chair with a cat in your lap. Tabby is such a sweet and tolerant cat. Our cat Caramel would never agree to go to story time at the library and let children pet her, but Tabby is remarkable. She even likes books about dogs!

It is Mrs. Teaberry's dog Zeke who causes a bit of trouble at the library, but it all turned out well. You should read about it in Mr. Putter and Tabby Turn the Page.

Ryland, Cynthia and Arthur Howard. Mr. Putter and Tabby Turn the Page. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2014. ISBN 9780152060633.

No comments: